Sunday, June 5, 2011

Listening vs Hearing

Some people fail to realize that LISTENING and HEARING are two different things.

I know you're reading this, saying WHAT? They are the same thing...well allow me to explain, because they arent!

LISTENING = This when a person is listening to understand, interpret, evaluate, what is being perceived.

HEARING = This is the ABILITY to perceive sound.



If Im listening to you, then I understanding what youre saying, basically, Im giving you my attention so I can interpret it correctly.

If Im hearing you, I have the ABILITY to hear you.  Just because I have the ability, does not mean I am, so when I hear you, Im not paying you any attention and what youre saying to going in one ear and going back out the other.

Sometimes people fail to realize that I DO NOT CARE WHAT YOU'RE SAYING.  Im not being rude, its just that I can exercise the right to care or not.  Just because YOU feel it is important, it does not mean I believe that it is important.  Sometimes its good not to talk, just be quiet and LEAVE some issues alone...because YOUR OPINION is NOT always wanted...remember that...

Welp, Im out!


#DropsMic

No comments:

Post a Comment